Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway

WILD NEW RIDE AT HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

[IMG]//324503-1138418-raikfcquaxqncofqfm.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Poster2.jpg[/IMG]

“I suppose I’ve always been in love with trains.” — Walt Disney

What a perfect way to pay tribute to Walt… a first-ever ride at any Disney park to feature his favorite mouse, Mickey… and a runaway train! This new attraction at Hollywood Studios is a family friendly adventure through a cartoon universe.

[IMG]//324503-1138418-raikfcquaxqncofqfm.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Song.jpeg[/IMG]

Disney fans’ favorite couple, Mickey and Minnie, set off in their sporty roadster for a leisurely drive through the countryside. With the original song – “Nothing Can Stop Us Now” – as the backdrop, Engineer Goofy appears on the scene driving his locomotive. Suddenly he crashes his engine through the screen… and invites everyone along for a ride on his train!

[IMG]//324503-1138418-raikfcquaxqncofqfm.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Underwater1.jpg[/IMG]

Once aboard, Mickey accidentally flips a switch that separates the railway cars from Goofy‘s engine. Chaos ensues… and the runaway railway takes guests on a whirlwind ride… with unexpected happenings and crazy surprises! Mickey and Minnie chase after the train and try to save the day.

[IMG]//324503-1138418-raikfcquaxqncofqfm.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Mickey1.jpg[/IMG]

Walt first brainstormed the idea for his beloved mouse while on a railroad journey with his wife Lillian in 1928. “He popped out of my mind onto a drawing pad.” Lillian was instrumental in suggesting the name Mickey instead of Walt‘s choice of Mortimer. In 1929, Mickey Mouse starred in the short, “Mickey’s Choo-Choo”… with Mickey as engineer of an eccentric railway train and Minnie his musical passenger. This cartoon may have set the stage for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.

[IMG]//324503-1138418-raikfcquaxqncofqfm.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Cartoon1.jpg[/IMG]

The ride opening coincides with the new short cartoon series starring Mickey and Minnie on Disney Channel and Disney+. The new Mickey and Minnie characters in both the ride and the new cartoons are modern adaptations with retro touches that would have made Walt happy.

[IMG]//324503-1138418-raikfcquaxqncofqfm.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Big-Thunder.jpg[/IMG]

Walt Disney made sure that trains were key features at Disney parks. First in appearance were the steam trains that took guests on the “Grand Circle Tour” around Disneyland. Over the years, train attractions included… Mine Train Thru Nature’s Wonderland, Casey Jr. Circus Train, Big Thunder Railroad and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

[IMG]//324503-1138418-raikfcquaxqncofqfm.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Theater1.jpg[/IMG]

Disney Imagineers have brought the best in technical innovation to this ride while still capturing the essence of the original cartoons. Located in the heart of Hollywood Studios in Grauman’s Chinese Theater, it replaces the classic “Great Movie Ride”. Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is definitely a must-see attraction once Disney parks re-open.

Click here for the full post including photos
Working...
X